The advantages of IIoT for the machine builder
You have built, delivered and placed a machine with a customer. If parts break down in the machine whilst running the machine, the customer calls and a technician is scheduled to repair the fault. The mechanic takes the most important parts and goes to the customer. Whilst inspecting the machine, the technician finds that another part needs to be received which he does not have. This situation leads to longer machine downtime, more cost for you the machine builder and increases the risk of customer dissatisfaction. This can be prevented. In practice, proactive service provision is the solution to safeguard customer satisfaction and increase your service and after-sales turnover. A win-win situation for you and the customer. Here are two examples:
1. As soon as a fault is reported, you can look back at where and when the fault developed. And continue to track proceeding actions. For example: reset, start, stop, etc.
2. Actual machine part operating hours can be compared with the theoretical lifetime specified by the supplier. For example: 3 weeks before a machine part reaches the theoretical lifetime, a notification can be generated.
Proactive service can be achieved by exploiting the full potential of your machines with the help of an IIoT platform.
What concrete advantages does this entail for you?
Advantages of IIoT for the machine builder
1. You can view the machine status of all your machines, for example the number of faults or the number of batches that the machine has run. With innius you can gain global insight into how all your machines perform and are used.
2. You have insight into the sensor data of your machines, for example vibrations or moisture content. With innius you can provide insight into real-time data. In addition to the sensors in your machines, it is also possible to combine sensor data together thus creating virtual sensors.
3. You can monitor your machines and are therefore directly involved in malfunctions. This allows you to provide a unique proactive and customer-oriented service.
4. Insight into the use of your machine by your customers. This insight offers innovation possibilities for your R & D department to improve your machine even more, by increasing knowledge about the operation of the machines:
a. Production times
c. Product types
5. Reduce the time required for commissioning of the machine by comparing parameters of the machine with the operation of the machine. When and at what parameters does the machine function optimally?
6. Optimization of spare parts. You can inform the customer in advance if the parts are subject to replacement.
7. You can easily share all your manuals, instructional films and other relevant support materials for the customer with your customers via the innius platform.
innius, an innovative IIoT platform
innius is an innovative IIoT platform that unlocks the data from, among other things, the sensors of your machines (national and / or international) and will generate information immediately. Through the streaming data you can enable proactive service and distinguish yourself from your competition. Customer’s experience the IIoT platform as user-friendly and your machine can be connected within a few hours.
One of our customers, the machine builder Tronrud Engineering, has been using the innius IIoT platform for some time. Here is their story: