Innius is looking for a hands-on back-end software engineer, who is challenged by the advances in cloud and IoT technology to contribute to the innius platform by building new features and providing maintenance to existing ones. Our application is realized as a cloud-based distributed microservices architecture integrated through messages and events and offers a variety of functions for data access and retrieval, data analytics, workflow, collaboration and event processing. Our candidate has at least five years experience in building applications or components in a cloud environment, is experienced in agile software engineering methods and is eager to learn and develop new skills for building and delivering high-quality, robust business solutions.
Innius B.V. is a young and dynamic company in the industrial IoT sector. We maintain an open-minded attitude about how to build software, what it should be able to do, and how to market it.
Connecting industrial machines to the innius® software platform, allows machine manufacturers, operators, managers and technicians to use innius apps and dashboards to monitor machine performance in real-time, receive alerts, assign tasks, collaborate, identify efficiency issues, analyse historic data and more. These insights enable our customers to identify points of improvement concerning productivity, quality, energy efficiency and waste reduction.
The innius back-end consists of loosely coupled components collaborating in a microservices architecture which is all hosted by Amazon Web Services. Our web and mobile apps have been designed and built using Angular and Ionic.
Our small but dedicated team is marked by a fairly flat hierarchy, putting new employees on equal footing with the rest of the team. Our size enables us to work efficiently and collaborate closely, but luckily we are still large enough to have the required expertise and for everyone to have a healthy work / life balance. We use the scrum agile methodology, working on cycles of two week sprints and adhere to the principles of CI/CD. In this way, we aim to provide a good balance between personal freedom and accountability.
Principal duties and responsibilities
As a back-end software engineer at innius, you will be part of a development team that builds high quality cloud applications based on state-of-the-art infrastructure components provided by AWS.
You will build advanced cloud services in close cooperation with the other engineers. This process includes all stages of software development, from design sessions with the product owner and the team, building, testing, and deployment, all the way up to providing maintenance and undertaking necessary refactors in existing components.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Apply creativity and knowledge of technology to build great cloud services in areas like data access, collaboration, event processing, or integration
- Be involved in strategic decision-making regarding our software’s design but also our approach to building it.
- Participate in the Scrum development projects, following software engineering best practices
- Realize cloud services for businesses in the industrial IoT domain
- Develop automated unit tests for the services
- Perform maintenance on existing architecture
- Stay up to date with new developments in cloud and web technology
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar qualification (HBO/WO)
- At least 5 year production level experience as a software engineer
- At least 2 year production level experience with distributed architecture in the cloud
- At least 1 year production level experience with AWS services (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols (HTTP, gRPC), web servers, caching, eventing, secure communication concepts
- Experience with unit tests, integration tests, and debugging cloud services
- Experience with all stages of software engineering (design, documentation, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, maintenance)
- Proficient in at least one systems programming language such as Go
- Strong analytical thinking ability
- Strong ability to break down and abstract problems
- Fluent in the English & Dutch languages
- Team player
- Clear communicator
- Honest, reliable, and reflective
- AWS Certification
- Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things solutions
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Proficiency in Scala
- Go (~90%)
- Scala (~5%)
- Typescript (~5%)
- Other (<1%)
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Microservices Architecture
- Docker (AWS ECS)
- Serverless (AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda)
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS CI/CD Services
What will this position offer you?
When you join innius, you join a pioneering company that is focused on becoming an important player in the industrial IoT and smart industry domain. You will be a part of:
- An organization that builds standard cloud applications
- A team of dedicated and skilled professionals
- An ambitious, growing company that offers an ideal environment for improving skills and expertise
- An attractive primary and secondary job package
- Located in Ede, with good public transport connection
Is this vacancy for you?
Send your application online today! Use the form below and don’t forget to add your CV.
No recruitment agencies please