innius® is a powerful smart industry software platform. By connecting industrial machines to innius, machine manufacturers, operators, managers and technicians can use innius apps and dashboards to monitor machine performance data in real time, receive alerts, assign tasks, collaborate, identify efficiency issues, analyze historic data and more.
The platform’s origins lie in an internal research project started back in October 2014. The project looked into how experience in building software for the manufacturing sector could be leveraged together with the emerging trends at that time, namely; big data, cloud computing, mobile, social and IoT. The team and project evolved quickly. By May 2016 the project had delivered a working product to its first customer. Since then innius has been in a state of continual improvement and development, with a growing number of customers.
Being so early in the market means that innius is at the cutting edge of a wider industrial revolution, known as ‘Industry 4.0’. Using innius, machine performance data can be remotely montiored in real-time and deeply analysed for the first time, enabling manufacturers and producers around the world to minimize equipment downtime and maintenance costs, whilst maximizing throughput and quality.
The technology behind innius has been built using microservice architecture and is hosted by Amazon Web Services. Our web and mob apps have been designed and built with AngularJS and the latest Angular 5. Machines can be connected to innius using an Ewon Flexy modem.
You’ll be the tenth member of our dedicated team. Small enough to work efficiently and collaborate closely, but large enough to have the required expertise and for everyone to have a healthy work / life balance. Structurally we are quite flat and we use the scrum agile methodology, working on cycles of two week sprints. This combined with a process of continual deployment, gives a good balance between personal freedom and accountability.
innius is looking for an experienced software engineer, who is challenged by the advances in cloud technology and IoT technology to build a sophisticated, intelligent IoT cloud application. This IoT cloud application is realized as a cloud-based distributed micro-services architecture integrated via messages and events, and offers a variety of functions for data access and retrieval, data analytics, workflow, collaboration and event processing. Our candidate has a couple of years’ experience in building application or technology components in a cloud environment, is experienced in agile software engineering methods and is eager to learn and develop new skills for building and delivering high-quality, robust business solutions. She or he will work in a dedicated international team of designers and developers.
Principal duties and responsibilities
As a software engineer at innius, you will be part of a development team that builds high quality cloud applications based on latest state of the art technology.
You will be a (senior) software engineer in the innius IoT cloud application team. You will build advanced cloud services as specified by the product owner, in close cooperation with the architect and other cloud developers.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Apply creativity and technology to build great cloud services in areas like data access, collaboration, event processing, or integration.
- Participate in the Scrum development projects, following software engineering best practices.
- Realize cloud services for businesses in the industrial IoT domain.
- Develop automated unit tests for the services.
- Demonstrate the cloud services to stakeholders in the organization and beyond.
- Stay up to date with new developments in cloud and web technology.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in software development related to cloud services or backend applications.
- Fluent in at least one modern programming language, such as Go, C#, Java, Python or Node.JS.
- Knowledge of web and cloud technology, such as web services, REST API’s, messaging protocols (MQTT, AMQP, MQ) and security (oAuth, OpenID)
- Knowledge of frameworks and patterns: micro-services, DDD, CQRS, ES, GoF, EIP is a pre.
- Knowledge or experience in cloud platforms, such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledgeable in Scrum methodology and modern agile software development methods (TDD, CI).
- Experience with or knowledge of industrial automation or device programming, such as OPC, fieldbuses is a pre.
- Specific knowledge about NoSQL databases, CEP, BI, data analytics, machine learning or integration is a definite pre.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Drive to deliver high quality software solutions.
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing) in Dutch and English.
- Enthusiastic team player, yet able to work independently.
- Eager to learn, to discover and to experiment.
- Existing right to live and work in the Netherlands.
What will this position offer you?
When you join innius, you join an pioneering company that’s focused on becoming an important player in the industrial IoT and smart industry domain. You will be a part of:
- An international organization that builds standard cloud applications.
- An international team of highly-skilled professionals.
- An ambitious, fast-growing company that offers an ideal environment for improving skills and expertise.
- An attractive primary and secondary job package.
- Located in Ede, with good public transport connection.
– No (recruitment) agencies please –